BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 31, 2011

Bedtime Story

So this is the last of my Halloween inspired spook stories and this one is completely made up...although I'm pretty sure I believed it when I was a kid. I used to beg my Mom to tell it to me each night before bed because apparently I loved having nightmares. This story should also help explain my childhood fears of monsters under the bed, in the closet, in the basement, and the toilet. ;-) Enjoy and hope ya'll have a very Happy Halloween!!!

There once was a little boy that lived in a big house with his Mom. The house had a huge, dark, spooky basement and the little boy was always very, very afraid to go into the basement. He would cry and throw a fit and when his Mom asked him why he was so afraid, he would tell her, "The boogeyman lives in the basement and if I go down there, he will get me."

Finally at her wits end she took the little boy to a child psychologist. After talking to him about his silly fear of the basement, the psychologist told the Mother, "The thing for you to do is force him to face his fear. When you get home, lock him in the basement. No matter what he says, do not let him out until he's calmed down. Once you have shown him that there is no boogeyman, then his fear will be over and your life can go back to normal."

That evening when they got home, the Mother did as the psychologist told her and promptly locked her young son in the basement. As she stood on the other side of the locked door she could hear him crying, screaming, and begging her to let him out. "Please Mommy! Please, let me out! The boogeyman is here and he's going to get me!," he'd yell from his place at the bottom of the steps. But she remembered what the psychologist told her and she was determined to help her son face his fears.

After a little while her son became silent and she decided it was time to let him out of the basement. When she opened the door she couldn't see him at the bottom of the stairs. So she walked down to have a look around, thinking that maybe he was hiding somewhere. What she found at the bottom of the stairs sent chills through her. Where her son had been standing was a pool of blood.

She never saw her son again. The boogeyman had gotten him.

The End. :-)

0 comments: